An excellent opportunity has arisen for a highly motivated individual who is looking to join a widely recognised brand, where the successful candidate will have an exposure to multiple divisions within the business, both within and outside of finance. The main purpose of the role is assisting the Financial Controller on aspects various aspects of accounting and finance, like cash flow management, budgeting, internal controls and governance processes. You will be a self-starter, accustomed to working with autonomy, leading and delivering high quality value-add assignments on time.
- Account follow up of the divisions
- Prepare and review Monthly Budgets and cash flow forecasts.
- Following up budgets and actual expenditure
- Cash flow management follow up on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- Understand and ensuring compliance with the business processes and identify risks
- To identify gaps and weaknesses and address them
- Conduct control testing and evaluation for key process controls
- Partner the wider finance function in relation to internal control
- Compile & record and reconcile the balance with operations
- Reporting to the Head office
- Act as support to the various stakeholders
- Other project support
- Willingness to travel to Africa if and when necessary
Skills and Experience:
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in Accounting/Audit or any other finance position
- An Accounting or finance Qualification, usually a Bachelor degree
- A thorough knowledge of the retail business.
- Experience for working with emerging market would be
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate confidently in English/French and with
credibility at all levels, both written and verbally written.
- Driven, proactive and hands on
- Knowledge of working within a fast paced & pressurised environment
- Able to think on their feet / think laterally
- Attention to detail and good at figures
- Proven organisation skills, passion & determination to learn
- Advance Excel skills